Thyroid Blood Tests
Blood Tests for Underactive and Overactive Thyroid
Hypo and hyper thyroidism are more commonly known as an under and over active thyroid respectively. It is when the body has the wrong level of thyroid hormones to efficiently run the bodys metabolism.
The private blood tests that we offer are able to monitor not just the TSH, as would be measured at your GP, but also the FT4, FT3 levels and thyroid antibody levels which may be out of range but not yet effecting the TSH levels.
The medical proffessionals, from the staff at the Nuffield private hospital you will attend for your phlebotomy appointment through to our team of doctors who will review your results, will be ensure that you have the best that we can offer.
Included in every order:
- A Blue Horizon Pathology Passport; enabling a guaranteed appointment at over 30 Nuffield Hospitals in the UK.
- Results of your test are emailed to you in PDF format; along with laboratory reference ranges.
- Any results that are outside established parameters will be commented on by one of our medical panel Doctors.
Tests in this category
- Thyroperoxidase Antibodies
- Tsh Receptor Antibodies
- Thyroid Releasing Hormone
- Advanced Thyroid Profile (FT3/FT4/TSH/TPO)
- Intermediate Thyroid Profile (FT3/FT4/TSH)
- Basic Thyroid Profile (FT4/TSH)
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
- Parathyroid Antibodies